Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's about time!!

A while back a friend and I got this crazy idea and we decided that we could indeed paint a clock to look like marble. We ended up having to cut our own wood which was a pain in the neck but the end result was gorgeous!! We used vinyl lettering to make it look clean and crisp. It was amazing how the clock was transformed after putting the vinyl sticker on. I LOVE my clock!! We ended up helping over 30 friends and neighbors to make these clocks for their homes. At that point we never wanted to see another clock again.
It has been a couple of years since then and I still continue to get compliments on my clock! I have recently moved to a new area and it seems like people have taken interest again in my fabulous clock. So once again I have started to help people make them. It has been so much fun to make them on a much smaller scale and to see the individual beauty of each one. Even using the exact same paint you can end up with something completely different.
I have a friend that posted the technique on her blog, so I am just going to post pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment