Thursday, December 24, 2009

Flower Power

When I saw this clock, I just couldn't resist!! I gave it to my 10 year old for Christmas. She loved it!! This Clock is made from an 18" wood circle, yellow and white paint, and a vinyl sticker!! I got the round wood pre-cut from Lowes drilled a hole in the center hollowed out a small sqare in the back with a router for the clock mechanism to fit into to. I also lightly sanded it with a palm sander. I painted it all one color then where the petels were going to be I lightly sponged white and then in the center made it a darker yellow by adding a darker yellow color then with just a simple brush stroke that you can see the lines I added a goldish yellow to add depth to it.
I am really very pleased with the way this turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment